Lyckas Gard v126.96.36.199 FS 19
Big beatyfull Sweden map!
Lyckås manor is located by Landsjön. The main building is a two-storey stone house in Renaissance style, built in 1863. Lyckås probably already existed in the 14th century as an insignificant farm called Hallösa. At the beginning of the 17th century, the farm was part of Per Brahe the younger’s large estate. It was sold in 1751 by Ulrika Juliana Gyllenstierna, widow of the Riksråd Nils Gyllenstierna, to her brother-in-law, the court marshal Baron Gustaf Jakob Horn af Rantzien. The estate later belonged to the President of the Chancellery, Count Carl Gustaf Löwenhielm (1756–1768) and then to Baron A. J. von Köhler in the 1780s. He improved the estate to a great extent, partly through the purchase of Drättinge farm, among other things, and partly by lowering Landsjön so that large areas became arable. Later owners were Colonel Baron Erik Göran Adelswärd and the Prime Minister Count Erik Reinhold Adelswärd (1790–1840) and the Governor-General Count Jakob Essen Hamilton, who erected the current manor house.